Monday, August 27, 2007

Creative tides




The urge towards creating can be conflicting sometimes. When I am creating, my mind will pester me about the things I am not doing. When I am doing the things I must do for living, my mind pesters me about ideas and creating.

Paradox. Synergy. When I make jewelry, I see paintings. When I make paintings I see jewelry.

Sometimes, the urges to make something is like a rising tide behind a sea wall. An invisible presence pushing and growing to achieve fruition. It is tangible and can be uncomfortable. During times like this, if I can't paint, I will write. If I can't write, I will draw inside my journal or sketch book. If I can't do any of that I will work with the tools of my creating. Brushes, colored pencils, tactile beads and silver wire all bring comfort. I will neaten their containers,rearrange their storage areas and listen to the whispers of promises of what they will become. The peace of knowing they are there, ready and waiting for the creating gives me peace.

No comments: