Sunday, August 26, 2007

A gift from a dream.

Where do we get our inspirations?

This one came one night during a dream. Struggling with subjects of a series for an upcoming show, I couldn't think of a direction I wanted to paint. Meditating about my desires for the series, I drifted off to sleep. That night, I dreamed of a huge red grizzly bear that gently whispered in my ear "Remember the Medicine Wheel." When I woke, I felt very inspired and used the medicine wheel as a basis for the series.

My painting is the result of listening to my inner bear (who is also in the painting). After the painting was done, I named it "Turns to the West". It is created with acrylics and stands 2' wide by 3' tall.

Only upon completion did I discover the bear would watch you no matter where you were in the room. After my show it journeyed with its new owner to Oregon, then while exploring art online, I ran into it again! The bear is in an on-line gallery originating from Canada. What an extraordinary red bear! It took up its own life after leaving my care.

1 comment:

Hedylicious said...

I feel inpsired by you! Perhaps, an Inspiration Wheel is a turning!