Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Thought Life

Sometimes my mind gets the better of me. Feeling uncreative, from experience I realize that it is only how I am thinking. If I can think of what I am doing in a different way, or take a different approach, then I change how I feel and how my body feels. So, working through the resistance to creating, ignoring all the snarky little thoughts like "no time" or "really should do this or that" or "maybe some other time" it seems all the chatter disappears and the making, the creating takes over.

It keeps me in the timeless present and makes a present of timelessness.

3 comments:

suesan said...

love that line, timeless present and a present of timelessness.!!! also love the oriental prints, i bot some origami paper, in blues and whites, for collage, yes???!!

sponie said...

Hi Linda,

Joan sent me your blog address. Enjoyed your thoughts and artwork. I also started a blog several months ago sketchpainting.blogspot.com. Mostly Pein aire stuff. I hope to keep it up but have been busy lately with work and related travel. Plan on going out next weekend with my son Craig.

Love, and best wishes, Spencer

sponie said...

make that plein aire.

SM